- Michigan, Michigan State prank reminds some of Yale, Harvard
- UNH volleyball coach breaks school record for wins at 577
- Former UConn star DeAndre Daniels finding his way in Australia
- Play suspended for Norwich Youth Basketball League because of parents’ bad behavior
- Royals, Giants meet in Game 1 of the World Series, but do you care?
- It’s time for UConn to get Arkeel Newsome the ball more. Like right now.
Grandma’s Take on the UConn women
- Updated: March 31, 2013
Editor’s Note: In this section, Gloria Abbott, the most dedicated sports granny in CT, will give her unique take on the world of sports.
I have been getting together with friends or going to see in person the UConn women Huskies for years. Today, the Huskies won with a nice margin against Maryland. The women Huskies are exciting, talented, intelligent young women. The way they work together so unselfishly is amazing. Of course, Geno’s remarkable coaching plus Chis Daley and all the staff contribute to their unprecedented success.
Today’s game showed how UConn continues to handle the pressure of a talented opponent. Despite a few scary moments that could have resulted in serious injuries to Dolson and Lewis, they managed to shake it off and continue to play a winning game. I do have to say that sometimes Geno needs to breathe deeply and try to stay calm when he disagrees with the referees bad call.
Technicals are costly, and thanks to Chris Daley, she was able to hold him back and prevent him from getting thrown out altogether. I love all the excitement of March madness games and look forward to the next game with the talented Kentucky team.
Watched an exciting game last night but was incredibly disappointed when the Kansas men lost in overtime. Had I been the coach, I would have gone for the second overtime instead of passing for three and the win, when a two pointer was clearly a much better choice given the amount of time left. But what do I know. I’m just a grandmother and a darn good one.
Be back soon,
The passionate sports grandmother.