- Ron Burgundy visits Milford to appear on Dan Patrick Show
- 20 Things only a Fantasy Football Player will understand
- West Conn RB Octavias McKoy wins prestigious Gold Helmet Award
- High School Football: Semifinal Pairings and Sites
- High School Football Playoffs: Scoreboard
- SportzEdge on the Scene: Best Football Fans Contest Round 2
50 Greatest UConn Men’s Basketball Players: 10-1
- Updated: April 6, 2013
2,176 total views, 6 views today
SportzEdge.com is counting down the 50 Greatest UConn men’s basketball players in history. From Wes Bialosuknia and Toby Kimball to Richard Hamilton and Kemba Walker, we rank ‘em all. Check out the entire list: 50-41 40-31 30-21 20-11.
10. Wes Bialosuknia (1964-67) 6-2, G .
Ask any old-time Huskies fan about Wes Bialosuknia, and their eyes light up. Despite all of the great players that have come through Storrs since his graduation, Bialosuknia remains UConn’s all-time scoring average leader, having poured in 23.6 points in his 71-game career. He can also lay claim to one of the great nicknames in the history of the Huskies.
The Typographical Terror averaged an absurd 28 points per game in 1967, and was named a first-team Academic All-American that year as well. UConn posted a three-year record of 56-18 during Bialosuknia’s years, and won at least a share of the Yankee Conference title all three seasons.
(Source: UConn Athletics)
Photo courtesy: UConn Athletics