- R.I.P. Anthony Mason, a 1990′s NBA treasure and New York Knicks legend
- Morgan bests Cromwell, 53-52, stays unbeaten heading into state tournament
- Family affair: Three sets of brothers lead West Haven hockey
- Former UConn walk-on Johnnie Bird III talks life as a second-class citizen in college basketball
- Greatest NCAA Champion Tournament: East Regional Quarterfinal, #4 1987 Indiana vs. #5 2010 Duke
- CIAC releases Girls’ Ice Hockey State Tournament Bracket, Schedule
A note from Grandma on the Final Four
- Updated: April 8, 2013
Game 1 of women’s final four basketball game is over and grandmother is back. I know the whole state of CT and probably most of the country was watching or listening to UConn play Notre Dame, so no play-by-play after the fact rhetoric.
But, I have to say, the game was exhilarating and as my blood pressure rose, my voice became hoarse and my sideline coaching failed, the young freshman Breanna Stewart took charge and made it her game scoring 29 points. Great job UCONN. Final score 83- 65 as Notre Dame goes down. Looking so forward to final game.
Be back soon.