- Torrington football beats Crosby, 75-57, in one of highest-scoring games ever
- UConn hockey upsets No. 11 Vermont, 2-1, in Hartford
- An ordinary day marked an eventful occasion at the Yale Bowl
- Ryan Boatright scores 20 as UConn men outlast Dayton, 75-64, in Puerto Rico
- Report: Legendary West Haven head coach Ed McCarthy may not retire after all
- National Lacrosse League’s New England Black Wolves show off new jerseys
A note from Grandma on the Final Four
- Updated: April 8, 2013
Game 1 of women’s final four basketball game is over and grandmother is back. I know the whole state of CT and probably most of the country was watching or listening to UConn play Notre Dame, so no play-by-play after the fact rhetoric.
But, I have to say, the game was exhilarating and as my blood pressure rose, my voice became hoarse and my sideline coaching failed, the young freshman Breanna Stewart took charge and made it her game scoring 29 points. Great job UCONN. Final score 83- 65 as Notre Dame goes down. Looking so forward to final game.
Be back soon.