- Ryan Gomes shines in GHPA; local stars highlight high school showcase
- ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge” sweeping nation, started by former BC baseball player
- Rock Cats top prospect Byron Buxton leaves in ambulance after outfield collision
- Top-25 players awarded wildcard entry into Connecticut Open tennis
- Connecticut Sun GM Chris Sienko joins SportzEdge to talk Ogwumike, expectations
- UConn lineman Gus Cruz returns after heart condition
A note from Grandma on the Final Four
- Updated: April 8, 2013
Game 1 of women’s final four basketball game is over and grandmother is back. I know the whole state of CT and probably most of the country was watching or listening to UConn play Notre Dame, so no play-by-play after the fact rhetoric.
But, I have to say, the game was exhilarating and as my blood pressure rose, my voice became hoarse and my sideline coaching failed, the young freshman Breanna Stewart took charge and made it her game scoring 29 points. Great job UCONN. Final score 83- 65 as Notre Dame goes down. Looking so forward to final game.
Be back soon.