- East Windsor’s Aaron Civale strikes out Big Papi and three others, while Eric Stone of West Haven hurls a scoreless inning on Red Sox “college day”
- UConn beat writer Dave Borges talks new book, everything Huskies
- Oakland Raiders release safety and former Husky Tyvon Branch
- New Hartford baseball team to release list of 10 possible names
- Greatest NCAA Champion Tournament: East Regional, #2 1984 Georgetown vs. #7 1991 Duke
- CIAC postpones tonight’s girls’ basketball tournament games, reschedules for Wendesday
Are the Red Sox Back?
- Updated: April 9, 2013
The new baseball season started and the AL East is the most confusing division to pick right now. The Blue Jays (the winner of the offseason) has been struggling. They lost 2 out of 3 from the Indians and Red Sox.
The Orioles and Rays have been in the middle of the division so far by wining and loosing about the same amount of games. The Yankees have been iffy to start the year loosing 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox. They looked very good yesterday against the Francona coached Indians.
The biggest question right now going through my mind is “are the sox back?” The Red Sox looked like a great team last week. They took 2 out of 3 from the Yankees and Blue Jays while beating the Orioles on opening day at Fenway. Napoli has had ups and downs with two home runs this year but a fairly low batting average. Nava has been clutch for the Red Sox with the home run yesterday for the win.
Will Middlebrooks has been lighting it up so far with his three homers in the teams best game of the year beating the Blue Jays 12-0. The thing that i have been most surprised about is their pitching. Jon Lester and Clay Bucholtz both gave up no runs in their last outing and Dempster giving up 2 runs in their loss to the Yankees.
Here are some stats from the Red Sox’s first week:
Lester (2-0) Bucholtz (2-0) Middlebrooks (.286 AVG 4 HR 6 RBI) Nava (.500 AVG 2 HR 6 RBI) Napoli (.194 2 HR 7 RBI)
If the sox keep this up and Ortiz fits easily into the lineup, I wouldn’t be surprised if the sox win the AL East.
Stay tuned to sportzedge.com