- Morgan bests Cromwell, 53-52, stays unbeaten heading into state tournament
- Family affair: Three sets of brothers lead West Haven hockey
- Former UConn walk-on Johnnie Bird III talks life as a second-class citizen in college basketball
- Greatest NCAA Champion Tournament: East Regional Quarterfinal, #4 1987 Indiana vs. #5 2010 Duke
- CIAC releases Girls’ Ice Hockey State Tournament Bracket, Schedule
- John McEnroe to compete in Connecticut Open Legends Event
High School Athlete of the Week: Gina Lynn Georgetti
- Updated: April 22, 2013
This Week’s Winner:
Gina Lynn Georgetti
Foran High School Softball Team
Gina is a Senior at Foran High School. She is a four year starter for the Varsity Team at 1st base. Last season she lead her team with 42 hits, received ALL SCC Conference Honors and Voted Captain for her Senior Season.
This year on April 10th in game four of her season, she hit her 100th Career Hit for her High School Team. In her first three years her team has won 2 Division Titles, a Conference Championship, a State Championship and a State Runner Up. She is also a very active member in her community by doing so far over 200 hours of community service in less than four years in High School.
This past Winter she lead a Holiday Toy and Food drive for area needy families and ones affected by the Hurricane. She rallied her entire team together to collect toys and gift cards for the food baskets and then delivered them. She collected so many toys that she was also able to make a sizable donation to the Milford Firefighters Toys For Tots Program.
This past February she received an award for her community service from the Milford Board of Ed. Gina is always trying to help her teammates with their softball mechanics trying to improve their game. A way to describe Gina in one sentence, Gina is the Ultimate Team Player and is dedicated not only to her team but also to her community. She plans on becoming a teacher.