- Trinity College headed to Division III Frozen Four in Minnesota
- The biggest challenge for Quinnipiac hockey in NCAA Tournament may just be getting to Fargo
- NFL says it won’t black out local TV games in 2015
- College baseball player dismissed after ‘vulgar’ tweet about Mo’ne Davis
- The three biggest surprises heading into the NCAA Tournament’s Sweet 16
- Busted brackets: Which teams benefit most from NCAA Tournament upsets?
Sound Tigers end season with a win on Fan Appreciation Day
- Updated: April 25, 2013
With playoff hopes officially out of reach, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers ended the 2012-2013 season with a performance that was far from disappointing.
After falling behind 1-0 early in the first period, the Sound Tigers rallied with four consecutive goals defeating the Portland Pirates 4-1.
The Sound Tigers faithful gathered at Webster Bank Arena for Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday April 21. The event included a team poster giveaway, a game-used jersey auction and a post-game skate with the players for season ticket holders.
Children lit up with excitement, as they literally looked up to 6’5” goaltender Anders Nilsson and 6’3” center Brock Nelson.
Players signed autographs and posed for pictures with fans, expressing their gratitude for the support throughout the season.
Photos by Cathy Petriw