- Torrington football beats Crosby, 75-57, in one of highest-scoring games ever
- UConn hockey upsets No. 11 Vermont, 2-1, in Hartford
- An ordinary day marked an eventful occasion at the Yale Bowl
- Ryan Boatright scores 20 as UConn men outlast Dayton, 75-64, in Puerto Rico
- Report: Legendary West Haven head coach Ed McCarthy may not retire after all
- National Lacrosse League’s New England Black Wolves show off new jerseys
Sound Tigers end season with a win on Fan Appreciation Day
- Updated: April 25, 2013
With playoff hopes officially out of reach, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers ended the 2012-2013 season with a performance that was far from disappointing.
After falling behind 1-0 early in the first period, the Sound Tigers rallied with four consecutive goals defeating the Portland Pirates 4-1.
The Sound Tigers faithful gathered at Webster Bank Arena for Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday April 21. The event included a team poster giveaway, a game-used jersey auction and a post-game skate with the players for season ticket holders.
Children lit up with excitement, as they literally looked up to 6’5” goaltender Anders Nilsson and 6’3” center Brock Nelson.
Players signed autographs and posed for pictures with fans, expressing their gratitude for the support throughout the season.
Photos by Cathy Petriw