- Bridgeport youth football team disqualified from championship after breaking rules
- Hartford men’s basketball edges Dartmouth, 53-48
- African-American football captains at both Harvard and Yale will together reach an historic milestone on Saturday
- Harvard-Yale rivalry takes serious tone with “Ebola Challenge”
- Quinnipiac basketball drops heartbreaker to La Salle, 60-58
- “Up in the Air” workout is unique, challenging
Sound Tigers end season with a win on Fan Appreciation Day
- Updated: April 25, 2013
With playoff hopes officially out of reach, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers ended the 2012-2013 season with a performance that was far from disappointing.
After falling behind 1-0 early in the first period, the Sound Tigers rallied with four consecutive goals defeating the Portland Pirates 4-1.
The Sound Tigers faithful gathered at Webster Bank Arena for Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday April 21. The event included a team poster giveaway, a game-used jersey auction and a post-game skate with the players for season ticket holders.
Children lit up with excitement, as they literally looked up to 6’5” goaltender Anders Nilsson and 6’3” center Brock Nelson.
Players signed autographs and posed for pictures with fans, expressing their gratitude for the support throughout the season.
Photos by Cathy Petriw