- Wolcott Tech Girls Volleyball wins the Constitution State Conference Girls Volleyball Tournament
- Can Notre Dame-West Haven knock off top-seeded Windsor in the Class L Small final?
- Arch rivals New Canaan, Darien to meet again for Class L Large title
- Greatest Video Game Athletes of All-Time: Ken Griffey Jr.
- What’s wrong with the UConn Huskies?
- UNH basketball powers past Post, 70-63
LeBron auctions sneakers for Newtown families
- Updated: April 26, 2013
NBA MVP LeBron James is trying to raise money for families affected by the December massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
The sneakers he wore in Miami’s game against Washington on Dec. 15 – one day after the tragedy in Newtown, Conn., where 20 first-graders and six educators were killed – are up for grabs in an online auction that runs through Saturday.
Proceeds will benefit the Newtown Memorial Fund, through the LeBron James Family Foundation.
James’ signature is on one of the shoes, and an inscription of “vs. Wizards 12/15/12 Never forget!!” is on the other. The auction is expected to generate at least $5,000.