- West Conn RB Octavias McKoy wins prestigious Gold Helmet Award
- High School Football: Semifinal Pairings and Sites
- High School Football Playoffs: Scoreboard
- SportzEdge on the Scene: Best Football Fans Contest Round 2
- Shabazz Napier is following in Kemba Walker’s footsteps
- UConn’s Marie Elena Bolles named National Field Hockey Player of the Year
LeBron auctions sneakers for Newtown families
- Updated: April 26, 2013
401 total views, 1 views today
NBA MVP LeBron James is trying to raise money for families affected by the December massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
The sneakers he wore in Miami’s game against Washington on Dec. 15 – one day after the tragedy in Newtown, Conn., where 20 first-graders and six educators were killed – are up for grabs in an online auction that runs through Saturday.
Proceeds will benefit the Newtown Memorial Fund, through the LeBron James Family Foundation.
James’ signature is on one of the shoes, and an inscription of “vs. Wizards 12/15/12 Never forget!!” is on the other. The auction is expected to generate at least $5,000.