- UConn football hosts Pro Day for NFL Draft hopefuls
- Poll: More Yankees fans in Connecticut than Red Sox fans
- UConn releases 2014 football schedule
- Albertus Magnus readying for first-ever trip to D-3 Sweet 16
- Watson, Snedeker, Mahan and Reed commit to Travelers Championship
- Yale honored at White House on National Champions Day
LeBron auctions sneakers for Newtown families
- Updated: April 26, 2013
NBA MVP LeBron James is trying to raise money for families affected by the December massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
The sneakers he wore in Miami’s game against Washington on Dec. 15 – one day after the tragedy in Newtown, Conn., where 20 first-graders and six educators were killed – are up for grabs in an online auction that runs through Saturday.
Proceeds will benefit the Newtown Memorial Fund, through the LeBron James Family Foundation.
James’ signature is on one of the shoes, and an inscription of “vs. Wizards 12/15/12 Never forget!!” is on the other. The auction is expected to generate at least $5,000.