- Ryan Gomes shines in GHPA; local stars highlight high school showcase
- ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge” sweeping nation, started by former BC baseball player
- Rock Cats top prospect Byron Buxton leaves in ambulance after outfield collision
- Top-25 players awarded wildcard entry into Connecticut Open tennis
- Connecticut Sun GM Chris Sienko joins SportzEdge to talk Ogwumike, expectations
- UConn lineman Gus Cruz returns after heart condition
UConn linebacker Sio Moore pays it forward
- Updated: April 26, 2013
This story and picture was sent in to our ReportIt! feature by Scott Gardner on Friday.
Moore, who was chosen by the Oakland Raiders in the third round of the NFL Draft on Friday, committed a random act of kindness earlier this week. The linebacker found himself sitting next to 8-year old Kevin Gardner on the bench at a local Foot Locker.
After Sio and Kevin tried on two very different sized Air Jordan sneakers, Kevin settled on a $75 pair that he purchased with birthday money from his grandparents.
But when Sio Moore heard that it was Kevin’s birthday, he told him to pick out one of the more expensive pairs.
The future Oakland Raider proceeded to purchase the second pair for Kevin, even though he had never even met him before today.
Wrote Scott: ” Sio’s only request was to cheer for him in the draft pick. You bet we will!”
You can also bet that we’ll all be cheering for him a little bit more after hearing that story.