- Brien McMahon cruises past Fairfield Ludlowe, 27-7
- Notre Dame-West Haven keeps rolling, beats Cheshire, 31-21
- Daniel Hand defense comes up big, knocks off Xavier, 10-3
- High School Football Scoreboard: October 31, 2014
- Meriden native and Hillhouse grad Chase Daniels will get his shot with Quinnipiac basketball
- Behind senior QB Colton Smith and coach Tom Shea, Fairfield Prep football is back in the playoff hunt
Meriden native John Jenkins chosen in third round of NFL Draft
- Updated: April 27, 2013
Meriden native and Francis T. Maloney High School grad John Jenkins’ dreams have come true.
Jenkins was selected with the 20th pick in the third round of the NFL Draft by the New Orleans Saints.
The defensive tackle spent two seasons at the University of Georgia, where he blossomed into one of the best players in the SEC. He was a candidate for the Outland Trophy last season, which is awarded to the best lineman (defensive or offensive) in college football.
Jenkins recorded 50 tackles and one sack last season. He also posted 22 solo tackles and led Georgia with 10 quarterback hurries.
As a junior, Jenkins recorded three sacks and even came up with an interception.
He spent the first two years of his college career at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.