- Western’s McKoy a finalist for Division III’s Outstanding Player Award
- High School Football Championship Schedule and Primer
- SportzEdge on the Scene: Best Football Fans Contest Championship Round
- Joe DiMaggio for Ted Williams, a trade to top all trades, almost happened
- Ron Burgundy visits Milford to appear on Dan Patrick Show
- 20 Things only a Fantasy Football Player will understand
Meriden native John Jenkins chosen in third round of NFL Draft
- Updated: April 27, 2013
436 total views, 1 views today
Meriden native and Francis T. Maloney High School grad John Jenkins’ dreams have come true.
Jenkins was selected with the 20th pick in the third round of the NFL Draft by the New Orleans Saints.
The defensive tackle spent two seasons at the University of Georgia, where he blossomed into one of the best players in the SEC. He was a candidate for the Outland Trophy last season, which is awarded to the best lineman (defensive or offensive) in college football.
Jenkins recorded 50 tackles and one sack last season. He also posted 22 solo tackles and led Georgia with 10 quarterback hurries.
As a junior, Jenkins recorded three sacks and even came up with an interception.
He spent the first two years of his college career at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.