- WFAN’s Bob Heussler talks UConn hoops on SportzEdge Tonight
- Geno Auriemma, Kevin Ollie to ring closing bell at New York Stock Exchange
- When the Red Sox play in Yankee Stadium this weekend, their biggest fan could be NY Mayor Bill de Blasio
- After two championship runs, what’s next for the Huskies?
- Bria Hartley gets emotional at UConn women’s “Welcome Home” Rally
- Geno Addresses Crowd at UConn Women’s ‘Welcome Home’ Rally
Meriden native John Jenkins chosen in third round of NFL Draft
- Updated: April 27, 2013
Meriden native and Francis T. Maloney High School grad John Jenkins’ dreams have come true.
Jenkins was selected with the 20th pick in the third round of the NFL Draft by the New Orleans Saints.
The defensive tackle spent two seasons at the University of Georgia, where he blossomed into one of the best players in the SEC. He was a candidate for the Outland Trophy last season, which is awarded to the best lineman (defensive or offensive) in college football.
Jenkins recorded 50 tackles and one sack last season. He also posted 22 solo tackles and led Georgia with 10 quarterback hurries.
As a junior, Jenkins recorded three sacks and even came up with an interception.
He spent the first two years of his college career at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.