- SportzEdge hosts First Annual Sports Equipment Drive
- Four Huskies named First-Team All-AAC
- Conn. College’s Jim Ward named NESCAC Coach of the Year
- After great Olympic showing, what’s next for Madison’s Mac Bohonnon?
- Pat Hayes, QU’s No. 1 fan Keith Gaither to be honored in Basketball Hall of Fame
- UConn’s Bob Diaco talks Yankee Stadium game with Army
Yale linebacker Will McHale invited to Saints camp
- Updated: April 30, 2013
Senior linebacker Will McHale (Greenwich, Conn.) has been invited to a New Orleans Saints mini-camp from May 10-12. McHale made 211 tackles in a Yale uniform and will get a chance to show his skills to a National Football League team this spring.
McHale, the elected team captain for 2012, led last fall’s squad with 78 tackles while starting every game.
A three-year starter, McHale earned All-Ivy League honors on the field in 2011 and academic All-Ivy accolades as a senior.
Meanwhile, the Yale coaches tabbed him as the Hammer Award winner and the Robert Gardner Anderson Award recipient as a junior and senior respectively.
The former Greenwich High School standout finished his career with three interceptions and five sacks.