- Torrington football beats Crosby, 75-57, in one of highest-scoring games ever
- UConn hockey upsets No. 11 Vermont, 2-1, in Hartford
- An ordinary day marked an eventful occasion at the Yale Bowl
- Ryan Boatright scores 20 as UConn men outlast Dayton, 75-64, in Puerto Rico
- Report: Legendary West Haven head coach Ed McCarthy may not retire after all
- National Lacrosse League’s New England Black Wolves show off new jerseys
Yale linebacker Will McHale invited to Saints camp
- Updated: April 30, 2013
Senior linebacker Will McHale (Greenwich, Conn.) has been invited to a New Orleans Saints mini-camp from May 10-12. McHale made 211 tackles in a Yale uniform and will get a chance to show his skills to a National Football League team this spring.
McHale, the elected team captain for 2012, led last fall’s squad with 78 tackles while starting every game.
A three-year starter, McHale earned All-Ivy League honors on the field in 2011 and academic All-Ivy accolades as a senior.
Meanwhile, the Yale coaches tabbed him as the Hammer Award winner and the Robert Gardner Anderson Award recipient as a junior and senior respectively.
The former Greenwich High School standout finished his career with three interceptions and five sacks.