- Ethan Suraci, North Haven double up Daniel Hand lacrosse, 12-6
- Mohegan Sun to host women’s AAC basketball tournament in 2015
- UNH lacrosse ranked No. 4 in the nation
- Kevin Ollie on coaching in the NBA: “Never Say Never”
- Meet George Springer, UConn alum and (maybe) Houston Astros savior
- Branford native and Cubs third baseman Mike Olt talks first big league home run
Yale linebacker Will McHale invited to Saints camp
- Updated: April 30, 2013
Senior linebacker Will McHale (Greenwich, Conn.) has been invited to a New Orleans Saints mini-camp from May 10-12. McHale made 211 tackles in a Yale uniform and will get a chance to show his skills to a National Football League team this spring.
McHale, the elected team captain for 2012, led last fall’s squad with 78 tackles while starting every game.
A three-year starter, McHale earned All-Ivy League honors on the field in 2011 and academic All-Ivy accolades as a senior.
Meanwhile, the Yale coaches tabbed him as the Hammer Award winner and the Robert Gardner Anderson Award recipient as a junior and senior respectively.
The former Greenwich High School standout finished his career with three interceptions and five sacks.