- Trinity College headed to Division III Frozen Four in Minnesota
- The biggest challenge for Quinnipiac hockey in NCAA Tournament may just be getting to Fargo
- NFL says it won’t black out local TV games in 2015
- College baseball player dismissed after ‘vulgar’ tweet about Mo’ne Davis
- The three biggest surprises heading into the NCAA Tournament’s Sweet 16
- Busted brackets: Which teams benefit most from NCAA Tournament upsets?
Yale linebacker Will McHale invited to Saints camp
- Updated: April 30, 2013
Senior linebacker Will McHale (Greenwich, Conn.) has been invited to a New Orleans Saints mini-camp from May 10-12. McHale made 211 tackles in a Yale uniform and will get a chance to show his skills to a National Football League team this spring.
McHale, the elected team captain for 2012, led last fall’s squad with 78 tackles while starting every game.
A three-year starter, McHale earned All-Ivy League honors on the field in 2011 and academic All-Ivy accolades as a senior.
Meanwhile, the Yale coaches tabbed him as the Hammer Award winner and the Robert Gardner Anderson Award recipient as a junior and senior respectively.
The former Greenwich High School standout finished his career with three interceptions and five sacks.