- Slideshow: New England Patriots’ Playoff History
- Super Bowl By The Numbers: The 12th Man vs. Number 12
- Valentine’s Day is coming early to the West Haven Twilight League, when Bobby “V” speaks, Porky “V” joins in, and a Grand(e) time is guaranteed
- NFL: New England Patriots deflated 11 footballs in AFC Championship Game
- Despite buzzer beater, West Haven edges rival Notre Dame-West Haven in overtime
- It’s time for Sacred Heart of Waterbury to move up and out of Class S
Yale wins international racecar competition with hybrid car
- Updated: May 3, 2013
Yale engineering students showed off their hybrid gas/electric racecar on campus today as part of a victory celebration.
The Bulldogs racing team swept most of the main prizes at the Formula Hybrid International competition in New Hampshire yesterday.
It took about two years for a group of a dozen students to build the car from the ground up.
“It was a pretty small team, but because we had such a small group, a lot of people got to do a lot of different components of the car and really dig in,” said Chinmay Jaju, the chief engineer of the Bulldogs Racing Team.
Engineering students at Yale are picking up a lot of awards these days. Their teams also won the rocket-launching and robot contests this year.