- Joe DiMaggio for Ted Williams, a trade to top all trades, almost happened
- Ron Burgundy visits Milford to appear on Dan Patrick Show
- 20 Things only a Fantasy Football Player will understand
- West Conn RB Octavias McKoy wins prestigious Gold Helmet Award
- High School Football: Semifinal Pairings and Sites
- High School Football Playoffs: Scoreboard
Yale wins international racecar competition with hybrid car
- Updated: May 3, 2013
408 total views, 3 views today
Yale engineering students showed off their hybrid gas/electric racecar on campus today as part of a victory celebration.
The Bulldogs racing team swept most of the main prizes at the Formula Hybrid International competition in New Hampshire yesterday.
It took about two years for a group of a dozen students to build the car from the ground up.
“It was a pretty small team, but because we had such a small group, a lot of people got to do a lot of different components of the car and really dig in,” said Chinmay Jaju, the chief engineer of the Bulldogs Racing Team.
Engineering students at Yale are picking up a lot of awards these days. Their teams also won the rocket-launching and robot contests this year.