- 2015 UConn commit Will “Turtle” Jackson now heading to Georgia
- Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament: Atlantic Sun
- Shabazz Napier shakes off tough debut, plays well in second game at NBA Summer League
- Semi-pro football’s Connecticut Chiefs getting ready to make season debut
- Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament: ACC
- Report It Sports Photos of the Week
Yale wins international racecar competition with hybrid car
- Updated: May 3, 2013
Yale engineering students showed off their hybrid gas/electric racecar on campus today as part of a victory celebration.
The Bulldogs racing team swept most of the main prizes at the Formula Hybrid International competition in New Hampshire yesterday.
It took about two years for a group of a dozen students to build the car from the ground up.
“It was a pretty small team, but because we had such a small group, a lot of people got to do a lot of different components of the car and really dig in,” said Chinmay Jaju, the chief engineer of the Bulldogs Racing Team.
Engineering students at Yale are picking up a lot of awards these days. Their teams also won the rocket-launching and robot contests this year.