- Slideshow: New England Patriots’ Playoff History
- Super Bowl By The Numbers: The 12th Man vs. Number 12
- Valentine’s Day is coming early to the West Haven Twilight League, when Bobby “V” speaks, Porky “V” joins in, and a Grand(e) time is guaranteed
- NFL: New England Patriots deflated 11 footballs in AFC Championship Game
- Despite buzzer beater, West Haven edges rival Notre Dame-West Haven in overtime
- It’s time for Sacred Heart of Waterbury to move up and out of Class S
High School Athlete of the Week: Sonja Campbell
- Updated: May 6, 2013
Montville High School
Montville Track & Field
Sonja Campbell and had a “breakthrough weekend,” according to Montville coach Joel Finnegan.
Campbell won the shotput with a toss of 39-4 on Friday, which qualified her for the national high school championships in June.
The throw also set a school record, taking down a record held by Nikkia Smith and, according to Finnegan, was the second-best performance in any class in the state this year.
“She’s in a very, very good place at the end of April,” Finnegan said.
“I’m a little surprised. We know she’s a talented kid. There’s a lot there, and I felt we could get here. I just didn’t think we would be here at the end of April. Now, we re-adjust our goals for the rest of the season.”
Have a high school athlete deserving of recognition?