- High School Football Championship Schedule and Primer
- SportzEdge on the Scene: Best Football Fans Contest Championship Round
- Joe DiMaggio for Ted Williams, a trade to top all trades, almost happened
- Ron Burgundy visits Milford to appear on Dan Patrick Show
- 20 Things only a Fantasy Football Player will understand
- West Conn RB Octavias McKoy wins prestigious Gold Helmet Award
Former Weaver football star Asaph Schwapp dead at 26
- Updated: May 8, 2013
520 total views, 2 views today
Former Weaver High School star and University of Notre Dame fullback Asaph Schwapp has died Wednesday after a year-long battle with cancer.
Schwapp, 26, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins’ lymphoma just a year ago.
The Hartford native played for Weaver from 2002-05. He earned the Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Year award as a junior in 2004, playing both fullback and linebacker.
He was recruited to play at the University of Notre Dame, and spent four seasons in South Bend, Indiana. After graduating, Schwapp signed as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Cowboys in 2009.
He spent the 2010 season in the United Football League as a member of the now-defunct Hartford Colonials.
Here is a video of Schwapp preparing for the season with the Colonials in 2010: