- Ron Burgundy visits Milford to appear on Dan Patrick Show
- 20 Things only a Fantasy Football Player will understand
- West Conn RB Octavias McKoy wins prestigious Gold Helmet Award
- High School Football: Semifinal Pairings and Sites
- High School Football Playoffs: Scoreboard
- SportzEdge on the Scene: Best Football Fans Contest Round 2
Yale lacrosse prepares for NCAA Tournament showdown with Penn State
- Updated: May 8, 2013
448 total views, 3 views today
The Bulldogs have advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year.
Yale (11-4, 4-2 Ivy) is ranked 11th in the nation and will head to University Park, P.a. to take on eighth-seeded Penn State (12-4, 6-0 CAA).
The game will begin at 2:30 p.m. Saturday and will be broadcast live on ESPNU. The Bulldogs became the first school to win two Ivy League tournament titles. Tournament MVP Dylan Levings kept the ball on Bulldog sticks, winning 19 of 23 face-offs and picking up 13 ground balls. An unselfish team to the core, nine Elis registered a goal, while Brandon Mangan, Kirby Zdrill and Conrad Obercheck each netted a pair.
Yale and Penn State have not played since 2003. The Nittany Lions earned their first NCAA Tournament bid since 2005 after losing in the finals of the CAA Tournament.
The winner of the Yale-Penn State game will take on the winner of top-seeded Syracuse and Bryant in the quarterfinals. The semifinals and championship round will take place in Philadelphia.