- Torrington football beats Crosby, 75-57, in one of highest-scoring games ever
- UConn hockey upsets No. 11 Vermont, 2-1, in Hartford
- An ordinary day marked an eventful occasion at the Yale Bowl
- Ryan Boatright scores 20 as UConn men outlast Dayton, 75-64, in Puerto Rico
- Report: Legendary West Haven head coach Ed McCarthy may not retire after all
- National Lacrosse League’s New England Black Wolves show off new jerseys
Trevardo Williams joins new Texans teammates
- Updated: June 5, 2013
Former UConn defensive end Trevardo Williams is getting to know his new teammates.
The Houston Texans have signed fourth-round draft pick linebacker Trevardo Williams.
The 6-foot-1, 241-pound Williams was taken with the 124th overall pick in the draft (4th Round). He was one of five drafted players signed by Houston, also including tackle David Quessenberry, receiver Alan Bonner, defensive tackle Chris Jones and tight end Ryan Griffin.
Williams started 30 of 50 games he played in for Connecticut and had a school-record 30 1/2 career sacks.