- Report: Minnesota Twins cut ties with New Britain Rock Cats
- Incoming UConn freshman Kia Nurse faces Geno, Team USA in Bridgeport
- Wherever he plays, Middletown’s Dario Highsmith can lead Blue Dragons to state title
- Norwalk’s Steven Enoch verbally commits to UConn
- Derek Jeter: Life’s Best Lesson
- Berlin edges Bristol Eastern, 7-0, in defensive showdown
Trevardo Williams joins new Texans teammates
- Updated: June 5, 2013
Former UConn defensive end Trevardo Williams is getting to know his new teammates.
The Houston Texans have signed fourth-round draft pick linebacker Trevardo Williams.
The 6-foot-1, 241-pound Williams was taken with the 124th overall pick in the draft (4th Round). He was one of five drafted players signed by Houston, also including tackle David Quessenberry, receiver Alan Bonner, defensive tackle Chris Jones and tight end Ryan Griffin.
Williams started 30 of 50 games he played in for Connecticut and had a school-record 30 1/2 career sacks.