- SCSU swimmer Dan Elliott’s career halted by spinal injury
- High School Football Scoreboard: October 10, 2014
- Ansonia football chases state record for most consecutive wins
- In midst of “concussion crisis,” a call for national sports standards
- Holy Cross cruises past Kennedy, 34-13
- UNH baseball team and Colin’s Crew looking to “whip” cancer
50 Cent talks boxing, his birthday and more
- Updated: June 12, 2013
John Pierson spoke with 50 about boxing, his birthday, and much more.
The rapper is promoting a boxing card at the Hartford Civic Center on July 5 that includes Javier “El Chino” Flores and Oscar Diaz of Hartford, and Jimmy Williams, Nate Green and David Wilson of New Haven.
The event, which will air on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, is being billed “50′s Birthday Bash” because it comes the night before 50 turns 38.
In this interview, the rapper talks about his own boxing roots, how he can change the game, and how he’s going to spend his birthday. Hate him or love him, 50′s still on top.
The entire piece will air on an upcoming episode of SportzEdge Friday Night, on News 8 at 11:15 p.m.