- Shelton stays undefeated, cruises past Hamden, 33-6
- High School Football Scoreboard: October 30, 2014
- UConn women are the stars of the show at AAC Media Day
- Waterford Country School opens its brand new gymnasium dedicated to Otto Graham
- SMU’s Larry Brown talks coaching, Kevin Ollie’s success at UConn
- UConn named preseason No. 1, Boatright, Hamilton earn preseason honors at AAC Media Day
50 Cent talks boxing, his birthday and more
- Updated: June 12, 2013
John Pierson spoke with 50 about boxing, his birthday, and much more.
The rapper is promoting a boxing card at the Hartford Civic Center on July 5 that includes Javier “El Chino” Flores and Oscar Diaz of Hartford, and Jimmy Williams, Nate Green and David Wilson of New Haven.
The event, which will air on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, is being billed “50’s Birthday Bash” because it comes the night before 50 turns 38.
In this interview, the rapper talks about his own boxing roots, how he can change the game, and how he’s going to spend his birthday. Hate him or love him, 50’s still on top.
The entire piece will air on an upcoming episode of SportzEdge Friday Night, on News 8 at 11:15 p.m.