- Trinity College headed to Division III Frozen Four in Minnesota
- The biggest challenge for Quinnipiac hockey in NCAA Tournament may just be getting to Fargo
- NFL says it won’t black out local TV games in 2015
- College baseball player dismissed after ‘vulgar’ tweet about Mo’ne Davis
- The three biggest surprises heading into the NCAA Tournament’s Sweet 16
- Busted brackets: Which teams benefit most from NCAA Tournament upsets?
50 Cent talks boxing, his birthday and more
- Updated: June 12, 2013
John Pierson spoke with 50 about boxing, his birthday, and much more.
The rapper is promoting a boxing card at the Hartford Civic Center on July 5 that includes Javier “El Chino” Flores and Oscar Diaz of Hartford, and Jimmy Williams, Nate Green and David Wilson of New Haven.
The event, which will air on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, is being billed “50’s Birthday Bash” because it comes the night before 50 turns 38.
In this interview, the rapper talks about his own boxing roots, how he can change the game, and how he’s going to spend his birthday. Hate him or love him, 50’s still on top.
The entire piece will air on an upcoming episode of SportzEdge Friday Night, on News 8 at 11:15 p.m.