- Morgan bests Cromwell, 53-52, stays unbeaten heading into state tournament
- Family affair: Three sets of brothers lead West Haven hockey
- Former UConn walk-on Johnnie Bird III talks life as a second-class citizen in college basketball
- Greatest NCAA Champion Tournament: East Regional Quarterfinal, #4 1987 Indiana vs. #5 2010 Duke
- CIAC releases Girls’ Ice Hockey State Tournament Bracket, Schedule
- John McEnroe to compete in Connecticut Open Legends Event
50 Cent talks boxing, his birthday and more
- Updated: June 12, 2013
John Pierson spoke with 50 about boxing, his birthday, and much more.
The rapper is promoting a boxing card at the Hartford Civic Center on July 5 that includes Javier “El Chino” Flores and Oscar Diaz of Hartford, and Jimmy Williams, Nate Green and David Wilson of New Haven.
The event, which will air on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, is being billed “50’s Birthday Bash” because it comes the night before 50 turns 38.
In this interview, the rapper talks about his own boxing roots, how he can change the game, and how he’s going to spend his birthday. Hate him or love him, 50’s still on top.
The entire piece will air on an upcoming episode of SportzEdge Friday Night, on News 8 at 11:15 p.m.