- Guy Who Fell Asleep During Yankees Game Suing MLB, ESPN For $10 Million
- 2015 UConn commit Will “Turtle” Jackson now heading to Georgia
- Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament: Atlantic Sun
- Shabazz Napier shakes off tough debut, plays well in second game at NBA Summer League
- Semi-pro football’s Connecticut Chiefs getting ready to make season debut
- Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament: ACC
50 Cent talks boxing, his birthday and more
- Updated: June 12, 2013
John Pierson spoke with 50 about boxing, his birthday, and much more.
The rapper is promoting a boxing card at the Hartford Civic Center on July 5 that includes Javier “El Chino” Flores and Oscar Diaz of Hartford, and Jimmy Williams, Nate Green and David Wilson of New Haven.
The event, which will air on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights, is being billed “50′s Birthday Bash” because it comes the night before 50 turns 38.
In this interview, the rapper talks about his own boxing roots, how he can change the game, and how he’s going to spend his birthday. Hate him or love him, 50′s still on top.
The entire piece will air on an upcoming episode of SportzEdge Friday Night, on News 8 at 11:15 p.m.