- WFAN’s Bob Heussler talks UConn hoops on SportzEdge Tonight
- Geno Auriemma, Kevin Ollie to ring closing bell at New York Stock Exchange
- When the Red Sox play in Yankee Stadium this weekend, their biggest fan could be NY Mayor Bill de Blasio
- After two championship runs, what’s next for the Huskies?
- Bria Hartley gets emotional at UConn women’s “Welcome Home” Rally
- Geno Addresses Crowd at UConn Women’s ‘Welcome Home’ Rally
UNH’s Class at the Court earns recognition from NCAA
- Updated: June 25, 2013
The University of New Haven Department of Athletics has received honors from the National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) for its women’s basketball “Class at the Court” initiative. New Haven earned Bronze status in the “Single-Day Attendance Promotion” category.
Initiated in 2003, the NACMA Best of Awards program honors outstanding achievement in marketing and promotions. Awards are presented in 13 categories, with each category divided into three groups based upon school size and conference affiliations to promote fairness. An association record of more than 1,000 awards entries were received for the 2012-13 year.
The winners were officially recognized on June 14 at the NACMA Convention in Orlando, Fla. A complete list of honorees is available here.
The inaugural “Class at the Court” event was held on Jan. 9, 2013 as more than 450 fourth-grade students from the Greater West Haven community visited the University for a day of experiential learning. Click here to read complete coverage of the event, including video.
Participating students and their families were invited to return to campus in the evening as the Chargers hosted No. 23 Stonehill. The contest was among the best-attended home games of the season for New Haven women’s basketball.