- NFL investigating possibility Patriots used deflated footballs
- New Haven boxer Jimmy Williams dedicating big upcoming fight to girl who lost life to cancer
- One-on-one with Clemson WR and Walter Camp American Hero award winner Daniel Rodriguez
- One-on-one with former Career star and current Temple guard Tanaya Atkinson
- Pittsburgh commit Mustapha Heron leads Sacred Heart past Crosby, 91-60
- WATCH: East Haven 3rd-grader hits crazy half-court buzzer-beater
Bristol native Hernandez charged with murder
- Updated: June 26, 2013
Photo credit: Associated Press/ESPN
Police have charged Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez with murder and weapons counts in connection with the slaying of a semi-pro football player whose body was found in an industrial park about a mile from Hernandez’s home.
The charges were revealed Wednesday in Attleboro District Court after Hernandez was arrested at his sprawling North Attleborough home. Less than two hours after his arrest, the Patriots cut Hernandez from the team.
The investigation started more than a week ago after semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd was found slain in an industrial park.
Lloyd’s family says he and Hernandez were friends and that Lloyd’s girlfriend and Hernandez’s fiancee are sisters.
Authorities say Lloyd was shot multiple times in the back and chest. They say Hernandez was upset with Lloyd after the two had a dispute at a nightclub a few days before.