- Morgan bests Cromwell, 53-52, stays unbeaten heading into state tournament
- Family affair: Three sets of brothers lead West Haven hockey
- Former UConn walk-on Johnnie Bird III talks life as a second-class citizen in college basketball
- Greatest NCAA Champion Tournament: East Regional Quarterfinal, #4 1987 Indiana vs. #5 2010 Duke
- CIAC releases Girls’ Ice Hockey State Tournament Bracket, Schedule
- John McEnroe to compete in Connecticut Open Legends Event
Behind the Scenes at Veterans’ Day at Fenway
- Updated: July 4, 2013
The Fourth of July is the day we celebrate our independence and honor so many men and women serving all over the world to protect our freedom.
This week, some local veterans got a thrill of a lifetime: a trip to Fenway Park. CVS Caremark and the Red Sox teamed up to express their gratitude to area veterans.
Three men from Connecticut got a chance to visit Fenway, take a few swings, check out the Green Monster and have lunch in the dugout.
Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.