- Boston Marathon finishers from Connecticut
- UConn’s first 1,000 point scorer, Vin Yokabaskas, dies at 85
- Jaden, brother of Mandi Schwartz, scores goal on day of donor drive in her honor
- Yale field hockey’s Erica Borgo talks Mandi Schwartz donor drive
- Ethan Suraci, North Haven double up Daniel Hand lacrosse, 12-6
- Mohegan Sun to host women’s AAC basketball tournament in 2015
Behind the Scenes at Veterans’ Day at Fenway
- Updated: July 4, 2013
The Fourth of July is the day we celebrate our independence and honor so many men and women serving all over the world to protect our freedom.
This week, some local veterans got a thrill of a lifetime: a trip to Fenway Park. CVS Caremark and the Red Sox teamed up to express their gratitude to area veterans.
Three men from Connecticut got a chance to visit Fenway, take a few swings, check out the Green Monster and have lunch in the dugout.
Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.