- Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament Final Four: 1. VMI vs. 13. Washington State
- Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament Final Four: 16. NC State vs. 13. IPFW
- SCSU swimmer Dan Elliott’s career halted by spinal injury
- High School Football Scoreboard: October 10, 2014
- Ansonia football chases state record for most consecutive wins
- In midst of “concussion crisis,” a call for national sports standards
Hamden teen holds wiffle ball tournament to honor grandmother
- Updated: July 9, 2013
Who doesn’t love wiffle ball?
Jack Diana does.
He also loved his grandmother. So the Hamden teenager combined the two for a great cause.
This week, it’s the annual Jack Diana junk ball tournament. A four-day event with family and friends. Six teams and more than 60 kids compete in Jack’s backyard.
They play for fun of course, but this year the Hamden High student played the event to honor his grandmother.
She suffered from rheumatoid arthritis. So Jack organized the tournament, got several local sponsors to donate money. With all proceeds going to the arthristis foundation.
A handful of local charities chipped inDiana raised over $3,000 this year.
Every player got a uniform and the winning team got a trophy.