- Guy Who Fell Asleep During Yankees Game Suing MLB, ESPN For $10 Million
- 2015 UConn commit Will “Turtle” Jackson now heading to Georgia
- Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament: Atlantic Sun
- Shabazz Napier shakes off tough debut, plays well in second game at NBA Summer League
- Semi-pro football’s Connecticut Chiefs getting ready to make season debut
- Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament: ACC
Hamden teen holds wiffle ball tournament to honor grandmother
- Updated: July 9, 2013
Who doesn’t love wiffle ball?
Jack Diana does.
He also loved his grandmother. So the Hamden teenager combined the two for a great cause.
This week, it’s the annual Jack Diana junk ball tournament. A four-day event with family and friends. Six teams and more than 60 kids compete in Jack’s backyard.
They play for fun of course, but this year the Hamden High student played the event to honor his grandmother.
She suffered from rheumatoid arthritis. So Jack organized the tournament, got several local sponsors to donate money. With all proceeds going to the arthristis foundation.
A handful of local charities chipped inDiana raised over $3,000 this year.
Every player got a uniform and the winning team got a trophy.