- Valentine’s Day is coming early to the West Haven Twilight League, when Bobby “V” speaks, Porky “V” joins in, and a Grand(e) time is guaranteed
- NFL: New England Patriots deflated 11 footballs in AFC Championship Game
- Despite buzzer beater, West Haven edges rival Notre Dame-West Haven in overtime
- It’s time for Sacred Heart of Waterbury to move up and out of Class S
- After four state titles, Notre Dame West Haven baseball coach Lou Kessler retires
- At 7-1, Hamden boys’ basketball is off to its best start in years
Hamden teen holds wiffle ball tournament to honor grandmother
- Updated: July 9, 2013
Who doesn’t love wiffle ball?
Jack Diana does.
He also loved his grandmother. So the Hamden teenager combined the two for a great cause.
This week, it’s the annual Jack Diana junk ball tournament. A four-day event with family and friends. Six teams and more than 60 kids compete in Jack’s backyard.
They play for fun of course, but this year the Hamden High student played the event to honor his grandmother.
She suffered from rheumatoid arthritis. So Jack organized the tournament, got several local sponsors to donate money. With all proceeds going to the arthristis foundation.
A handful of local charities chipped inDiana raised over $3,000 this year.
Every player got a uniform and the winning team got a trophy.