- John McEnroe to compete in Connecticut Open Legends Event
- Yale’s Matt Townsend named Academic All-American of the Year
- UConn’s Breanna Stewart earns Academic All-America honors
- Another shocking score, 117-8, in girls’ high school basketball just happened in nearby Queens, New York
- Mercy girls’ basketball drops Daniel Hand, wins yet another SCC title
- CIAC Class L Girls Basketball Tournament Seedings, Schedule
Should every kid get a trophy just for participating?
- Updated: July 12, 2013
Our SportzView panel takes a look at whether or not every child should get a trophy just for participating.
What do you think? Do you remember the trophies as much as you do the experience? Do you think that a little positive reinforcement is good for everyone, or should we teach our kids that you are rewarded for standing out, rather than being average?
It’s an interesting debate. Check out our video, and then leave your own comments below.