- Wherever he plays, Middletown’s Dario Highsmith can lead Blue Dragons to state title
- Norwalk’s Steven Enoch verbally commits to UConn
- Derek Jeter: Life’s Best Lesson
- Berlin edges Bristol Eastern, 7-0, in defensive showdown
- Xavier knocks off Staples Academy, 3-0, in defensive struggle
- New Canaan drops Daniel Hand, 21-14, in season opener
Should every kid get a trophy just for participating?
- Updated: July 12, 2013
Our SportzView panel takes a look at whether or not every child should get a trophy just for participating.
What do you think? Do you remember the trophies as much as you do the experience? Do you think that a little positive reinforcement is good for everyone, or should we teach our kids that you are rewarded for standing out, rather than being average?
It’s an interesting debate. Check out our video, and then leave your own comments below.