- SCSU swimmer Dan Elliott’s career halted by spinal injury
- High School Football Scoreboard: October 10, 2014
- Ansonia football chases state record for most consecutive wins
- In midst of “concussion crisis,” a call for national sports standards
- Holy Cross cruises past Kennedy, 34-13
- UNH baseball team and Colin’s Crew looking to “whip” cancer
Should every kid get a trophy just for participating?
- Updated: July 12, 2013
Our SportzView panel takes a look at whether or not every child should get a trophy just for participating.
What do you think? Do you remember the trophies as much as you do the experience? Do you think that a little positive reinforcement is good for everyone, or should we teach our kids that you are rewarded for standing out, rather than being average?
It’s an interesting debate. Check out our video, and then leave your own comments below.