- NFL: New England Patriots deflated 11 footballs in AFC Championship Game
- Despite buzzer beater, West Haven edges rival Notre Dame-West Haven in overtime
- It’s time for Sacred Heart of Waterbury to move up and out of Class S
- After four state titles, Notre Dame West Haven baseball coach Lou Kessler retires
- At 7-1, Hamden boys’ basketball is off to its best start in years
- NFL investigating possibility Patriots used deflated footballs
Stanley Cup comes to Connecticut
- Updated: July 20, 2013
Westminster school alumnus and Chicago Blackhawks winger Ben Smith brought the Stanley Cup to Simsbury on Wednesday.
Each member of the team gets but one day with the Cup, but the Avon native said bringing it to Connecticut was a no-brainer.
“It’s fun to see people smile, and it’s fun to bring it back to campus,” he said.