- Torrington football beats Crosby, 75-57, in one of highest-scoring games ever
- UConn hockey upsets No. 11 Vermont, 2-1, in Hartford
- An ordinary day marked an eventful occasion at the Yale Bowl
- Ryan Boatright scores 20 as UConn men outlast Dayton, 75-64, in Puerto Rico
- Report: Legendary West Haven head coach Ed McCarthy may not retire after all
- National Lacrosse League’s New England Black Wolves show off new jerseys
Stanley Cup comes to Connecticut
- Updated: July 20, 2013
Westminster school alumnus and Chicago Blackhawks winger Ben Smith brought the Stanley Cup to Simsbury on Wednesday.
Each member of the team gets but one day with the Cup, but the Avon native said bringing it to Connecticut was a no-brainer.
“It’s fun to see people smile, and it’s fun to bring it back to campus,” he said.