The weather is warming up, and golf season is finally here! Each Thursday, SportzEdge Tonight will debut a new Golf Tip, to help get your swing ready for the season. In our first tip, SportzEdge Host Erika Wachter is joined with PGA Director of Instruction Kevin Cloud to review the proper grip and posture when preparing for a full swing.
- Tuck thumb and index finger together on non-dominant hand.
- Slide opposite hand down to cover thumb.
- Choose which of three grips feels right for you
- Start with club parallel to the ground.
- Stand with legs shoulder width apart.
- Unlock knees.
- Tilt forward from your hips until club reaches the ground.
- Square the club to address the ball.
Lyman Orchards Golf Center will be hosting an Open House, Saturday April 12th to help you prepare for the golf season.