- Ryan Gomes shines in GHPA; local stars highlight high school showcase
- ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge” sweeping nation, started by former BC baseball player
- Rock Cats top prospect Byron Buxton leaves in ambulance after outfield collision
- Top-25 players awarded wildcard entry into Connecticut Open tennis
- Connecticut Sun GM Chris Sienko joins SportzEdge to talk Ogwumike, expectations
- UConn lineman Gus Cruz returns after heart condition
UConn football to play home-and-home series with Indiana
- Updated: May 6, 2014
STORRS, Conn. – The University of Connecticut football team will play a home-and-home series against Indiana University during the 2019 and 2020 season. The Huskies will travel to Bloomington and Memorial Stadium on September 21, 2019 while the Hoosiers will visit Rentschler Field on September 26, 2020.
Indiana will be the second team the Huskies play from the Big Ten Conference during those seasons as UConn plays home against Illinois in 2019 and returns the game in 2020.
UConn and Indiana have met two previous times in the sport of football as the Huskies defeated the Hoosiers by a 34-10 score on August 30, 2003 in the Dedication Game of Rentschler Field. UConn then won by a 14-7 score on September 23, 2006 in Bloomington.
The following is a summary of all future non-conference UConn football games under contract.
2014: August 28, BYU; September 6, Stony Brook; September 13, Boise State; November 8, Army (Yankee Stadium).
2015: September 5, Villanova; September 12, Army; October 31, at BYU.
2016: September 17, Virginia.
2017: September 16, at Virginia.
2018: September 8, at Boise State.
2019: September 7, Illinois; September 21, at Indiana.
2020: September 12, at Illinois; September 26, Indiana.
UConn and Tennessee have a two-game home-and-home series under contract with dates to be determined.