- Torrington football beats Crosby, 75-57, in one of highest-scoring games ever
- UConn hockey upsets No. 11 Vermont, 2-1, in Hartford
- An ordinary day marked an eventful occasion at the Yale Bowl
- Ryan Boatright scores 20 as UConn men outlast Dayton, 75-64, in Puerto Rico
- Report: Legendary West Haven head coach Ed McCarthy may not retire after all
- National Lacrosse League’s New England Black Wolves show off new jerseys
Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament: MAAC
- Updated: July 16, 2014
Welcome back to SportzEdge.com’s Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament. We consider ourselves a pretty big deal, and you should too.
After a great early start, we are now about halfway through the index of conferences, and the race continues to stay hot. The mid-major conferences appear to be seeing the biggest surges, particularly in the Big South and in the Conference USA. The AAC and the A-10 aren’t too far behind.
Storms are a’blowing outside, so now that you have some time to sit down and explore the web, make your way over to our index and get clicking!
Make your vote matter:
Here are the ground rules:
-64 teams will make the NCAA Coolest Logo Field (just like the basketball tournament should be).
-Each of the conferences will receive one automatic bid, voted on by fans (assuming there are any).
-At-large bids will be chosen based on the non-league champions with the most votes
Our plan is to unveil two conferences a day, each day, until July 31. Then, the winners in each conference will advance to the “NCAA Tournament,” which will run throughout the month of August.
MAAC: This conference has some pretty decent logos, but let’s be honest, the Quinnipiac Bobcat is the cream of the crop. Sure, Canisius’ Golden Griffin is unique, if not outdated, and Iona, Marist, Siena and Monmouth all have cool logo designs.
But this should be a walk for in-state Quinnipiac, whose bobcat is dope, especially in the alternate logo where he’s on the prowl.
Live the Legend. Vote below: