- An ordinary day marked an eventful occasion at the Yale Bowl
- Ryan Boatright scores 20 as UConn men outlast Dayton, 75-64, in Puerto Rico
- Report: Legendary West Haven head coach Ed McCarthy may not retire after all
- National Lacrosse League’s New England Black Wolves show off new jerseys
- Sheehan cruises past Branford, wins second straight, 31-14
- Newtown cruises past Brookfield, 42-0, captures third straight SWC football championship
Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament: Pac-12
- Updated: July 28, 2014
Welcome back to SportzEdge.com’s Coolest NCAA Logo Tournament. We consider ourselves a pretty big deal, and you should too.
In case you missed the opening rounds of our tournament (how could you??), here are the links to the conferences polls we’ve already posted:
Here are the ground rules:
-64 teams will make the NCAA Coolest Logo Field (just like the basketball tournament should be).
-Each of the conferences will receive one automatic bid, voted on by fans (assuming there are any).
-At-large bids will be chosen based on the non-league champions with the most votes
Our plan is to unveil two conferences a day, each day, until we finish all 32 conferences. Then, the winners in each conference would advance to the “NCAA Tournament,” which will run throughout the month of August.
Check back for a complete index of all of the conference tournaments.
Pac-12: It’s one of the more recognizable conferences in the country, and the outfit that arguably began the second round of conference realignment, but at least the Pac-12 boasts some cool logos.
Oregon State would have been at the top of this list with either of its old “Beavers” logos, but the new, slick one is still good enough to rank it at No. 1. Cal’s new Golden Bear is pretty sweet looking, and that vaulted it to the second spot here. Washington, Arizona State and UCLA all have unique logos, and in the case of the latter two, even though they’ve been phased out, they’re still very identifiable with the school. Arizona’s Wildcat is pretty cool, and Washington State’s
caterpillar Cougar is…well…interesting.
It’d be even better if they just nicknamed themselves the “Caterpillars.”